Call for Nominations
Illinois TESOL/BE Executive Board
Network with your peers, represent your geographic and teaching area, participate in planning professional development activities, work for changes in the educational system!
Nominate YOURSELF or a Colleague!
- Serves as the Vice-President of Illinois TESOL/BE from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019, presiding at all official occasions when the president is absent.
- Serves as Convention Chair for the 2018 mini convention.
- Serves as President of Illinois TESOL/BE from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
- Serves as Past-President of Illinois TESOL/BE and ITBE liaison to TESOL from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. The VP position is a very difficult one to step into without previous Board experience given that the VP also serves as the Convention Chair AND assists the President carry out important tasks. It requires the person to know both the logistics of organizing the convention the other aspects of the ITBE, such as the standing committees, procedures, and events.
- Are elected for a 3 year term (July 1 2018 to June 30, 2021). Attend monthly board meetings and Participate in the business and activities of Illinois TESOL/BE.
- Support the officers and other members of the board by regularly attending board meetings (usually held on Friday afternoons or Saturday mornings).
- Serve as chairs of the active committees of Illinois TESOL/BE:
QUALIFIED NOMINEES SHOULD:
- Be committed to the field of ESL and its issues.
- Be willing to take initiative on projects.
- Be able to attend at least 9 monthly meetings.
- Responds swiftly and efficiently to emails and responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively to make professional decisions.
Please send nominations to the ITBE Board for the 2018-2019 academic year to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a picture and short bio for the website.
If you have any questions, please contact Shane Dunkle, ITBE Past President and Nominations Chair at: email@example.com