Prof. Development Scholarship
Each year, Illinois TESOL•BE demonstrates its commitment to the field of English as a Second Language and Bilingual Education by giving professional development awards for ITBE members to attend its annual convention. ITBE will not hold an annual convention in 2018 since the International TESOL conference will be in Chicago from March 27 to March 30, 2018.
In order to help ITBE members who are unable to afford the attendance at the TESOL International conference, ITBE will be giving away ten (10) professional development awards on the first-come-first-served basis.
The following criteria will be used to select the award winners.
Applicants for the professional development award must:
- be practicing ESL and/or bilingual education teachers (full-time or part-time time) working in K-12, higher education, or community-based organizations
- be current members of ITBE at the time of the application
- demonstrate evidence of financial need by submitting a letter explaining how they will benefit from the award and how it will help them financially
- The online application process starts on November 1, 2017.
- The review of applications begins immediately. Once the number of applications is reached, the online submission system will close.
- Award winners are notified by e-mail.
- Award winners need to become members of TESOL International by December 10, 2017
- Award winners must send a proof of their International TESOL membership to ITBE by December 15, 2017
- ITBE registers awards winners for the conference by the early registration deadline.
Award winners are responsible for obtaining the International TESOL’s membership on their own. For information about the TESOL membership including the fees please follow this link
. In case ITBE does not receive a proof of the membership by the deadline, the award will be given to the next applicant on the wait list.
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE ONLINE SYSTEM. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Questions? Email the Awards Committee at email@example.com
- Online application form. The form is available within the online submission system.
- A letter of financial need addressed to the Awards Committee. In the letter, please explain clearly how you will benefit from the award and, specifically, how it will impact your professional development. Also, please explain how the award will help you financially. The letter should not be longer than one page. File formats accepted are doc and pdf.