$500 Undergraduate Scholarship Description:
The $500 Undergraduate Scholarship is in honor of Jane Curtis. Along with the cash award, the $500 scholarship winner receives one of the ten Professional Development Scholarships. For more information on other awards, view the Awards
You are eligible for the Illinois TESOL-BE $500 Undergraduate Scholarship if you are
Attendance at the Convention (to receive your award publicly) is expected.
- an undergraduate student presently enrolled full or part-time in an accredited college or university program in TESOL or bilingual education or a practicing professional or paraprofessional in TESOL or BE with concrete plans to enroll in relevant undergraduate coursework
- an excellent student
- an individual in need of financial assistance
- a current member of Illinois TESOL-BE
All applicants for the Undergraduate Scholarships must be valid members of IllinoisTESOL•BE through March 2017. To become a member of TESOL•BE or to renew membership, go to www.itbe.org
. Check your membership status by using your member log-in on the ITBE web site or by e-mailing us at email@example.com
How to Apply for a Scholarship Award:
To apply for the Illinois TESOL-BE $500 Undergraduate Scholarship, you must submit
1. A statement in which you:
a. Describe your involvement to date in the field of ESL/BE. Include work as a teacher, program administrator, social worker, community organizer, etc.
b. Explain your professional goals and how your program of study will help you meet those goals.
c. Give a brief statement regarding your financial need.
2. An application form with your personal information
3. Two letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references. Individuals providing references should log into the online system (see below) and answer two short questions on the faculty reference form.
4. An official transcript of academic work (scanned paper transcript or a webpage submitted as PDF are all acceptable).
5. A letter of acceptance for those not currently enrolled in an academic program.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Friday, January 6, 2017.
Please note: The online submission system closes on 11:59pm on January 6. You will not be able to submit any documents after this time.
Questions? Email the Awards Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org