The $500 Undergraduate Scholarship is in honor of Jane Curtis. Along with the cash award, the $500 scholarship winner receives one of the ten Professional Development Scholarships. For more information on other awards, view the Awards webpage.
You are eligible for the Illinois TESOL-BE $500 Undergraduate Scholarship if you are
- an undergraduate student presently enrolled full or part-time in an accredited college or university program in TESOL or bilingual education or a practicing professional or paraprofessional in TESOL or BE with concrete plans to enroll in relevant undergraduate coursework
- an excellent student
- an individual in need of financial assistance
- a current member of Illinois TESOL-BE
How to Apply for a Scholarship Award
To apply for the Illinois TESOL-BE $500 Undergraduate Scholarship, you must submit
- A written statement (word-processed & double-spaced) in which you:
a. Describe your involvement to date in the field of ESL/BE. Include work as a teacher, program administrator, social worker, community organizer, etc.
b. Explain your professional goals and how your program of study will help you meet those goals.
c. Give a brief statement regarding your financial need.
A completed application form no later than January 6, 2016 (postmarked).
Application for Graduate Scholarship (.docx)
Online Application for Graduate Scholarship
Two letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references.
Faculty Reference Form (.docx)
Online Faculty Reference Form
4. An official transcript of academic work.
5.A letter of acceptance for those not currently enrolled in an academic program.
SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM AND SUPPORTING MATERIALS TO:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: January 6, 2016 (postmarked).
For further information email the Scholarship Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our web page at Contact Us.