$500 Undergraduate Scholarship Description:
The $500 Undergraduate Scholarship is in honor of Jane Curtis. Along with the cash award, the $500 scholarship winner receives one of the ten Professional Development Scholarships. For more information on other awards, view the Awards
You are eligible for the Illinois TESOL-BE $500 Undergraduate Scholarship if you are
How to Apply for a Scholarship Award:
- an undergraduate student presently enrolled full or part-time in an accredited college or university program in TESOL or bilingual education or a practicing professional or paraprofessional in TESOL or BE with concrete plans to enroll in relevant undergraduate coursework
- an excellent student
- an individual in need of financial assistance
- a current member of Illinois TESOL-BE
To apply for the Illinois TESOL-BE $500 Undergraduate Scholarship, you must submit
- A written statement (word-processed & double-spaced) in which you:
a. Describe your involvement to date in the field of ESL/BE. Include work as a teacher, program administrator, social worker, community organizer, etc.
b. Explain your professional goals and how your program of study will help you meet those goals.
c. Give a brief statement regarding your financial need.
- A completed application form no later than January 6, 2016 (postmarked).
Application for Graduate Scholarship (.docx)
Online Application for Graduate Scholarship
- Two letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references.
Faculty Reference Form (.docx)
Online Faculty Reference Form
- An official transcript of academic work.
- A letter of acceptance for those not currently enrolled in an academic program.
SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM AND SUPPORTING MATERIALS TO:
Barbara L. Gomez, Awards Committee,
984 Camelot Drive, Crystal Lake, IL. 60014
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: January 6, 2016 (postmarked).
For further information email the Scholarship Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
or through our web page at Contact Us