Prof. Development Scholarship Extended Deadline
Each year, Illinois TESOL•BE demonstrates its commitment to the field of English as a Second Language and Bilingual Education by awarding professional development scholarships for ITBE members to attend the annual convention. This extended deadline for the PD award covers the cost of registration at the convention for Saturday and a one year FREE membership in ITBE.
Applicants for the Professional Development Award must:
- be practicing or retired ESL and/or bilingual education teachers, or full-time or part-time time graduate or undergraduate students enrolled in a program in TESOL, bilingual education, or a related field;
- demonstrate financial need;
- NOT be eligible to receive support for the ITBE convention from their institutions;
- not be eligible to receive support for the ITBE convention from their institutions;
- fill out the application form;
- submit a letter of application explaining how they will benefit from the award and how it will help them financially
Applicants for the Professional Development Award do NOT need to be members of Illinois TESOL•BE but will receive a free membership. If you are already a member of ITBE, you will receive an additional year of membership with this award. For those interested in becoming members, or if you would like to renew your membership go to www.itbe.org
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE ONLINE SYSTEM. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Start your application by following this link: Online Application Form
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION EXTENDED TO: Monday, February 6, 2017.
Please note: The online submission system closes on 11:59pm on February 6. You will not be able to submit any documents after this time.
Questions? Email the Awards Committee Chair at email@example.com